Occupational Health & Safety Program
Occupational health and safety program is, in fact, a set of rules designed to prevent the employees from illness and accidents at workplace.
To keep a healthy work environment, the importance of health and safety of the employees in any organization should never be neglected.
A well planned occupational health and safety program can help in achieving the following objectives.
- Reduces Fatalities
- Reduces Injuries
- Reduces illness
- Reduces Employees Medical cost
- Reduces Replacement Training Cost
- Increases Organization’s Production
- Increases Organization’s Financials
Occupation Health & Safety Software
Software used for workplace safety management records all the information regarding occupational health and safety.
Certain laws in many countries require health and safety policies of the organization to be in written form. But there are certain countries that prefer to have a complete occupational health and safety management software also.
Computer Software now days is a great way to deal with a large number of data. The software allows quickly creating documents and speeding up the work.
The modules in OHS (Organizational Health and Safety) software records almost everything that is needed for health and safety in an organization.
Benefits Of OHS Software
Using OHS software in an organization will not only speed up the work and improvement process, but will also benefit in the following ways:
- Store all documents in one place
- No Physical storage needed
- Create, modify and remove documents easily
- Easy to provide information for the employees
- Employee health Forms
- Risk management
Online OHS Software
With the development of the internet, software is becoming global and can easily be accessed from anywhere.Online software provides:
- Web portal to publish, store and access health documents easily using cloud technology.
- Customized health and safety documents can very easily be created by the software.
- Online software provides an online form to fill in for the employees.
- The functionality of reminder to revise certain policies.
- Reporting of any incident with proper, correct action can be done with few clicks.
- Scorecard for health and can be maintained easily.
- Inspection records from the software can help to identify the potential hazards.
- A quick evaluation of the effectiveness of OHS prevents Illness and accidents at workplace.
- Records medical history of the employee
- Records the nurse’s visit and help in investigating accidents.
Most of the software designed for the purpose of health and safety two types of capabilities,
- Reporting Capabilities
- Analysis Capabilities
Reporting capabilities of the software will provide the organization a fully detailed report of the health and safety on the workstation, while analysis capabilities of the software will help the organization to take proper actions in the right directions.
Having software without the implementation of safety rules and regulation will benefit nothing. Regular meetings with the employee committee will help too for a better system for the organization because health and safety procedures can be different in different organizations.
By having an occupational health and safety management software in an organization will keep the things on track and will help the organization to decide better for the future.